Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Graceful I am NOT

Most of you have already heard about this....but Here goes.

Last weekend Mom and I went to Holts Summit to see my sister clog. We went down Friday and had a great meal of chicken on the grill after Ruth cleaned out the grill from the Bird that wanted to take possession for a bird house. After supper i kinda fell asleep and the rest of them played scrabble. Saturday....we lazed around the house till it was time to go watch Ruth dance. We went to Mokane and she danced at the nursing home which all went well and nobody messed up too bad or fell on the slick floor (and they all did a great job). Then we went over to the park where they were going to perform again for family and friends and then have a BBQ with hotdogs and all the trimmings that others brought to share with everyone. Well.....we parked the van and got out and got out the lawn chairs we brought. Ruth took two of them and her and mom entered the shelter house. I picked up the other chair and started to enter but my toe either caught on the cement floor edge or the small stump covered with grass at the entrance and i started to stumble. I had more or less caught my balance and was ok......till i dropped the lawn chair i was carrying and tripped over it.....all i could think was "Here I go...no stopping now." All i could see was the cement floor coming at my face and i put out my hand to stop myself. I kinda fell like i was doing the "worm" dance. I looked up and saw everyone looking at me and i put my hands under my chin and was SO embarrassed. Ruth said that when she turned around and looked at me i had one of my feet up in the air behind me and i looked like i had laid down to read a book or something. She came over and asked if i was alright....i said...open the chair so i can get up. I had gotten up on my hands and knees so i could get up easier but needed something to put my hand on so i could get up. (I haven't lost enough yet to just be able to jump up in the middle of the room yet) But Ruth just kept asking if i was alright. i said....JUST OPEN THE CHAIR so i can get up!!!!

Anyway....i got up and put ice on my arm and hand which was hurting and the next couple days the pain was a bit worse. My fingers started getting numb and my hip is hurting and i went and got them both X-rayed. Nothing is broken...just bruised a lot. I am taking liquid advil gel caps and it helps some.

I am DEFINITELY NOT graceful!

No comments: