Saturday, September 13, 2008

Totally Fed Up

I am laid off now and pretty glad of it. I will have time to become stress free for a few weeks (about 3). This week was a real doozie for me. I was sick but went to work anyway cuz they had asked for volunteers and i figured it would save me from using sick leave. (Yes i volunteered cuz they have been crapping on me the last month or so.) But they kept everything a big secret and finally on Thursday i decided that i wasn't going to work sick anymore so was going to make that my last day. The manager i have wsa this ignorant guy that they hired off the street this year to be a manager who knew nothing about data conversion. Not sure what their reasoning was in that decision...anyway...he was like i have to go by the book. Well guess what...there isn't a book. It's just a saying and he used it frequently. Several of the people that volunteered were asking him when their last day could be. He said i have a meeting and i will tell you after the meeting. So he comes back and says that everyone has to work till close of business Friday. I got up and went to his manager and told her that i had been coming to work sick and i would like to make this day my last one. She said put it in writing. (like a hardship letter) I told her i was NOT going to put anything in writing cuz there had been 4 people that i knew of that on the last layoff put it in writing to go a day or so before everyone else and whoever sent it to unemploment put it as leave of absence and not lay off so their unempoyment was denied. I told her i was not going to give them anything in writing that they could submit like that because i needed my unemployment. She started to argue with me then decided that she didn't have anything to say about that. She said ok i will tell Thad. I said thank you and went back to my desk. And it was my last day.

That was one conflict for the week. The second one was Friday at the pantry. I went for a little bit and was home in a bout 3 hours. Still had a headache and a bit of a sore throat but went anyway.

Ok. Tanya has stepped down as manager of the pantry cuz she has just bitten off too much on her plate. So the miniserial alliance saw fit to appoint or let him volunteer an old man of about 72 and slow as a snail and he can't lift things. Anyway he is like totally rude especially to women and ignors anything we say and has only been at our pantry for 4 weeks. Well i ended up going off on him too cuz he totally ignored what i was trying to tell him. Thee was some stuff he had brought up from downstairs that didn't go with anything we were giving out and there wasn't enough of it to even put with anything else. So Delbert (one of the other guys in charge but he has been with the pantry for the last 4 years)told us to pack it back up and he wouild just take it back over to our new building for when we move over there. Well Les (old man) came in right after we boxed it up and said this stuff needs to be put out on the table. I politely said Delbert had just told us to put it back in the boxes to take to the other building. He then says well i guess i can hand it out from the boxes. I again tell him what Delbert said and he ignored what i was saying again. This went on about 3 more times and each time i got a little madder and louder untill i just got up and walked away and went to find Delbert. And i must say that Delbert is a little spineless and doesn't like confrontation. So je says well i guess he is in charge so he can do whatever. I just threw up my hands and said OK....I AM OUT OF HERE. I AM DONE!! Delbert says no you aren't you are kidding aren't you...I just stood there and looked at him...then i turned around and said...BYE..I am outta here. and i left. After i cooled ff a little i called Delbert back and said OK i am sorry i went off like that but i had had enough of the ignorant fool and wasn't feeling well either.

So there was my second confrontation. Don't know it if was being sick, or stress release, or PMS which i haven't had that for a couple years now. But i just felt a lot of rage and i didn't like how it felt.

Hopefully I can de-stress befor they call me back to work and that idiot manager will be gone when we go back.

Anyway I will be off for a few weeks and am kinda happy to be off for a while!!!

1 comment:

gjlac said...

Sounds like you need some prayers sent your way. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Say a few prayers for yourself to be stress free too. God can help if you let him.