I have been having pain in my right thumb for a while now. I wasn't sure what it was but I used to be able to pop my thumb and the pain would go away after a while. Well in the last 3 months it kept getting more and more painful to move my thumb and no matter how much i popped it the pain wouldn't go away and sometimes it got worse like throbbing all night and pain in the joints. So i figured it was arthritis and was trying to self medicate. I finally called the doctor and of course the pain diminished some before i went for my appointment. But it was still hurting so i went anyway so that maybe i could get something so it wouldn't start hurting again. So i went and he asked me all kinds of questions to see basically where the pain was coming from. He said we would treat it for tendenitis. Gave me a Medrol pack and he put a splint on my thumb to immobilize the movement from side to side and up an down movement so the meds can get rid of the inflamation. So i took the first dose yesterday which was all 6 pills which i split into 2 doses of 3 cuz i got them at the end of the day. We shall see what it does for the thumb. You just don't realize how much you actually use your thumb till you can't move it. Also it's very hard to type when your thumb sticks out like you are hitchhiking all the time...LOL.
It was good to see everyone on Thanksgiving Day...Missed my kiddo though. She had a good day at Dereks folks though and me and Mom and Mel and the boys went to her house on Wednesday evening for supper. She cooked a turkey and mashed potatoes and corn and rolls and green bean caserole. It was a good evening and good food. We ate and watched a movie together. So it was a good holiday.
I am going to work nights this next tax season. Marcia wanted to go to nights cuz you make about 200.00 more a month and when you work overtime you make a lot more. She has been talking to the night people that have to come to days at the end of the season. So since she went to nights I have to too cuz i can't afford to drive up there every day on my own. We carpool and drive everyother week. That is almost tolerable on the gas front but I just can't do it alone. And I could use the extra money too. Only thing is Chomper might suffer a bit. But the hours aren't really that bad. I will be working from 6pm to 2:30am. Sunday night to Thursday night. It's all good and more money too.
I was laid off...went back to work for a few weeks...and am now laid off once again till the new season. One good thing...unemployment went UP this year...first time in MANY years.
Love ya all!!
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment