It is now the third day of drinking my meals. I got a little light headed at church this morning but it passed pretty quickly....i think it was the donut withdrawal....lol...cuz I had such a wonderful breakfast....Boullion soup (chicken), a cup of coffee, some peaches and some tea that i took with me to church. After church i came home and had a protein shake and some beef boullion and a diet mountain dew. And in just a little bit i am going to go eat (and i say that lightly) some more boullion soup and some yogurt, with maybe some jello and a sugar free fudgesicle...yummm...lol. Isn't it after the first three days that you start getting used to not eating?? I sure hope so...lol.
Everyone at church is so supportive. They make me feel so good. And when you are used to people looking down their noses at you or staring at you like when you go shopping or somewhere else...its hard to take it in that people can be loving and kind.
One of the guys at church that has had the surgery came into my sunday school classroom before it started and gave me a pep talk....he said the liquid diet would be one of the hard parts of the journey...the other would be drinking the yucky stuff to make ya go is the other...lol. It made me feel so good that he took the time to come talk to me. He is looking so great and his wife is too and she is even pregnant now too. It didn't seem like it took them very long at all to start looking good....i am sure thats not how it was for them...but..I CAN'T WAIT to start looking better and feeling better. He said that right after the surgery you are like...ok this isn't real fun...and then he said that after he started healing he started feeling better and it was like he felt like a new person and he could do so much more and this is what i want to feel.
I am going to go get my mom next sunday after church. She is going to come stay with me for a few days before and after i have surgery. And my daughter will be home that weekend. So it will be good to have them here.
Sunday, September 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Judy, you are going to make me cry. I love you so much and I know that this is going to be a good thing, both physically and mentally! It will be so awesome to see you change and I hope that you can truly stay positive during it all! Just pretend that the boullion soup is a big ol' steak! I love you and I promise I will be thinking of you on your journey!
Thanks babe...i love you too....and can't wait to see your sweet baby. And just maybe i can play with him and take him to the park and do fun stuff that other aunts get to do.
Post a Comment