Wednesday, October 19, 2005

hmmmmm

What do you say about the day after surgery. Pain, discomfort, cough, hoarse voice, more pain, bloated feeling. I can feel the air in my stomach but to try to push it out is impossible cuz when i try it hurts my stomach. So i have to wait till it decides to come out on its own, and its kinda miserable. But i am doing ok really. I have to watch my pain level and keep up on the meds for it. but other than that i am doing fine. I try to sleep and mom wakes me up....so i try not to doze off. But thats impossible. I get up and walk and i get hot and tired quick...but i keep doing it cuz i gotta get this stuff outta my lungs so i can breathe normal and talk normal again...lol. Right now my voice comes and goes and i sound like a growly bear.

I go tomorrow for the upper GI and get this medicine ball taken off. It's strange how it has deflated. I hope it don't fall off in the shower in the morning. But they did say i could take it out myself...but UGH...don't know if i could or not. That's kinda scary.

Using this deep breathing inhaler thingy is kinda hard to do at times too. I gotta get the three balls to the top and make them stay there for a few seconds. I can really feel it in the chest when i do it. But i know it is helping me get my lungs back into shape and get me to coughing that stuff out of them. It hurts a little to cough but I know it will help in the long run. So you just gotta do what you gotta do. lol

I also took some before pics. (well mom did) so that i can put the in between ones in a few months.




No comments: