Wednesday, October 19, 2005

WOO HOOOOOOO!

Well folks....my what if was unfounded. I guess it was from the hiatal hernia (sp?) that i had no idea i had. I told them that and the Dr said...didn't we tell you that after the EDG? I said...ummm...no. He goes...oops. lol Anyway--

I got up yesterday morning and showered and got dressed...i was very concerned about my throat. But they called and said they were running ahead of schedule and could i come on in now. I said sure...but there may be a problem. I told them what i thought was the problem. The nurse (Bill) said...let me ask the Dr. So he came back and said "we want to see you anyway so come on in". I said sure. So my neighbor had just come in the door when they called so we left. I called mom and my sister to tell them it was going to be earlier than we thought and i was surprised that they were already on the road. (They had planed to stop at Walmart first) so they came on up to the hospital. We had to stop and get something at Childrens Mercy South on our way so we got there just about 2 minutes before them. I went in and checked in at the desk...and i said...I want to get weighed please....they said you do? lol...i said yes i do. so i filled out some more paperwork and they took me down the hall to weigh. I got on the scale...i had lost 35 pounds on this liquid diet that i had been mildly complaining about all this time!!!!!! I was so thrilled..and so were they! So then i go out and sit down again and waited till they came and got me. We went into the prep room and i got nekkid...lol...and put on one of those lovely gowns, got the IV started and signed yet some more papers, and then they let my friend and my family come back and see me. It was 11:29 when they got started. I remember the last thing they asked me was "is there anything you want to ask now or concerns?" I just said that i pray that GOD will guide your hands....and their reply was...."Honey, you don't need to worry about that. We did all our Praying early this morning!" and i was relaxed after that. I knew He would watch over me!

Next thing i know i am in the recovery room with this mask on that is blowing lots of moist air up arond my eyes...lol. And they kept saying...are you awake yet? I could hardly open my eyes but i said yes. I slowly came awake from then on.

Then they got me up to walk. I got nauseous...but there was nothing down there to come up so it was like the dry heaves and a belch-a-thon. LOUD too. After the belch attack i felt pretty good. I walked a bit and then sat on the edge of the bed. They (the surgeon and the nurse) asked me if i were ready to go home. I said sure. The nurse said there are your clothes and i said...want me to put them on or take them with me? He laughed and said maybe i should put them on...lol My neighbor said it might be kinda hard to explain why i was nekkid if we got stopped by the police. So i got dressed and we were on our way home.

I had major cotton mouth so we stopped at Dairy Queen just down the road from the hospital and i got this Lemon Lime slushy thing....MAN was that thing sweet. I just sipped on it on the way home cuz i just couldn't hardly stand the taste. Then i think i slept off and on all the way home cuz it seemed like we got there awfully fast. lol About 8 or so the surgeon called to see how i was doing an if i had any more questions...and asked all the questions she had to ask..like are you up and around walking any or have to gone to the bathroom yet and stuff like that. They are so nice up there. Unlike most places where you barely see the Dr at all. I was a little tired by now (go figure) so i actually went to bed at 10:30 and woke up at 4am wide awake. So i decided i would post while it was fresh in my mind...lol

So now you have the whole story. I will keep you posted on the rest of the story. lol

Love you all for being there for me and being so supportive through all this!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judy, I'm so glad everything went well...I know you must feel relief. I've not been able to use my computer until
today, so I have been out oftouch. I will talk to you soon
Kelly